Author Topic: WDTV Live SMP access to geographical Netflix content  (Read 5592 times)

randomspam

WDTV Live SMP access to geographical Netflix content
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »
Hello,

I have a WDTV Live SMP device at home, I use it to watch Netflix. I previously used unblock-us to provide me solely with a different external IP for different geographies. This was done not by changing individual devices and the setup up different connections but via accessing your online account and just clicking a different region and away you go, Canadian Netflix, US Netflix etc.

However now I am trying out BolehVPN and I would like to be able to achieve that same functionality alongside using VPN connectivity to a Fully routed server for instance.

As the WDTV live SMP device has no vpn functionality how would I achieve this same goal? Is it possible or would I infact need to be running both services and would they play nicely together?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: WDTV Live SMP access to geographical Netflix content
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »
I don't believe that is possible actually. If you have a router which is DDWRT capable, you could setup the VPN there and have all your devices automatically routed through the VPN. Or you could enable Internet Connection Sharing on your computer and connect your WDTV to your computer. Connect to the VPN on your computer and your WDTV device will also route through the VPN as well. We have a guide here http://www.bolehvpn.net/forum/index.php?topic=7255.msg40575#new not quite for your device but it might be similar