Author Topic: If the VPN Goes Down, What Happens to My uTorrent app?  (Read 6135 times)

soozala

If the VPN Goes Down, What Happens to My uTorrent app?
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:08:57 AM »
I'm a newbie and road testing the bolehvpn for the week. My big concern is exposure if the VPN goes down. My uTorrent client is still running and still seeding. Won't my IP address be exposed instantly? Is there a way to prevent this? :-\

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: If the VPN Goes Down, What Happens to My uTorrent app?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
Are you using the FullyRouted servers or the Proxied servers? There's a few ways to prevent this, one is to use our Proxied servers and configure proxy settings in uTorrent. This prevents uTorrent from going through your own IP instead of our servers.

If you're on Windows and using our BolehVPN-Gui, I believe there's a protection feature where it will freeze all traffic in the event you suddenly get disconnected from our server. So use the fullyrouted servers with our GUI.

2001sp

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:11:45 AM »
Just joined, great service so far.

Sorry Chris that last comment was a little vague (you 'believe'?), could you just confirm that when using a FullyRouted server with the BolehVPN-Gui that all utorrent traffic will be frozen if connection to the Boleh servers goes down?

Thanks.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »
Yup, it'll freeze all traffic in the event your connection to our servers is lost suddenly, not just uTorrent.