Author Topic: [REQUEST] VPN server in Italy  (Read 7471 times)

stocazzo

[REQUEST] VPN server in Italy
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm new to the service but I already love it! It's fast and reliable and the server choice in US/UK really works out for me!

Rather than a request, I wanted to make a proposal: I wanted to ask if you would ever plan to get a VPN server in Italy, or what would it take to convince you...

It's not just a selfish request, I believe you might be interested in that, for the following reason: as it happens, there are A LOT of Italians living abroad, and, as it happens, the main italian TV (RAI) has a really shitty streaming service for it's channels, that works only within Italy (how smart...).

So with your prices and your QoS, offering the possibility for Italians to watch those channels from abroad with an easy VPN would open a new market for you (and offer us a decent way to watch our favorite programs without too much hassle).

I understand this is absolutely not enough to get you to invest in a new server, so I'm asking: how could I help make this happen?
Would a petition with enough interested people be of help? Why don't you put in place a fundraising campaign on Kickstarter or IndieGogo, to fund the cost of the server?
That could be a safe move for you, and would allow you to see if there is an actual interest in that...

Let me know what you think...

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: [REQUEST] VPN server in Italy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
That's an interesting idea :D

We don't speak Italian though and I'm not sure our reach to Italian customers are far enough to consider this. However your indiegogo idea is not a bad one and assuming we can get about 30 users interested in paying for this then we can get it moving and it would be worthwhile :D What do you think? Is 30 users an unrealistic number?
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »
This is only for surfing streaming yes and not actual P2P ? :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
Here's the Indie-GoGo link: http://www.indiegogo.com/bolehvpn-italy?a=713972

500 usd seems to be the minimum goal they accept :D

Co-Founder/Administrator

stocazzo

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »
This is only for surfing streaming yes and not actual P2P ? :D

Taking it from my personal experience, I believe that the streaming itself should be enough.
I don't see any reason to do P2P specifically in Italy, they don't have any particular condition that would make it better than, say, do it on the Swiss or Luxembourg server.

I think a configuration like the US-Streaming one would be enough to get the RAI channels to work...

BTW, I'll start spreading the link and see how many interested people I can get! Your proposed prices seem really interesting!
(also, I'll post a translation for your bid in a sec...)

stocazzo

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
Here is the translated text.
Just so you know, I made a couple of modification:
1) Changed the "How you might help" part (since now the translation is done). It is now just "Spread the voice :-D"
2) In the Summary, I added the countries where you have your servers. I also added the example (TV streaming) to the Italian only content, always in the summary.
3) When you specify that P2P will not be allowed, I added that it is STILL allowed on the other servers (since you are looking for new customers who might now know your services)

You can copy and paste the text below.

In breve

Siamo un provider VPN che fornisce sicurezza, anonimato e server in diverse nazioni (USA, UK, Lussemburgo, Svizzera, Olanda).
Abbiamo ricevuto una richiesta per mettere in piedi un server in Italia cosí da poter permettere l'accesso a contenuti Italiani (ad esempio, lo streaming dei canali RAI)
ma abbiamo bisogno di un numero minimo di utenti per farlo.

Quel che ci serve e quel che vi offriamo

Contiamo di acquisire un server in Italia e di aggiungerlo alle nostre configurazioni VPN.
Stiamo cercando un server con banda di picco di 100 Mpbs. Siccome la banda in Italia costa cara, non sará permessa
su questa configurazione il P2P (che resta peró disponibile con i server Svizzeri, Lussemburghesi e Inglesi).
Fintanto che riusciamo a mantenere 20 utenti attivi, abbiamo modo di pagare per il server, e lo manterremo per almeno 3 mesi.
I pagamenti a questa campagna verranno rimborsati in toto se l'obiettivo non venisse raggiunto.

Come puoi aiutarci

Spargi la voce :-D