Author Topic: Improve connection to US servers?  (Read 7938 times)

CephaXz

Improve connection to US servers?
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
I own 2 dedicated servers which are located at US. I control the servers with a tool called VNC viewer. However, the ping of my line to the server is 300+, and I'm having a hard time controlling the servers. For the past few months, I am only able to control the servers smoothly during midnight when the ping dropped to 250+. I always have to reset my router until I have good ping to the servers somehow. Until few days ago, Sesco had problem with their switch and my house has no electricity for about 11+ hours. And now I can't get a good ping to the IP of the servers anymore, I had tried resetting the router for many times.

Can using a VPN reduces the latency to my dedicated server and allow me to have a smoother control over it?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Improve connection to US servers?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »
It depends, might have a better route to the US through our servers. Which ISP are you using? If you're on Streamyx, they've got some undersea cable issues which are affecting routing to USA / EU, estimated repairs only complete on the 29th.

I can only suggest obtaining a 3-day trial first and see if our fully-routed servers would help with your ping.

CephaXz

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »
It depends, might have a better route to the US through our servers. Which ISP are you using? If you're on Streamyx, they've got some undersea cable issues which are affecting routing to USA / EU, estimated repairs only complete on the 29th.

I can only suggest obtaining a 3-day trial first and see if our fully-routed servers would help with your ping.

Yes I'm using Streamyx. I can't wait that long, going to make a lot of loss. I paid $300 USD for the servers each month. Having a trail needs to pay too?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
BolehVPN might give you an alternate route that MAY reduce ping but it's not something we can guarantee.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

CephaXz

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »
BolehVPN might give you an alternate route that MAY reduce ping but it's not something we can guarantee.

If so, how do I do this? I have totally no experience of having a VPN before.

EDIT: Do you have a messenger or anything that we can talk easier? This is not really efficient. The live chat is never online.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:33:32 AM by CephaXz »

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »

If so, how do I do this? I have totally no experience of having a VPN before.

EDIT: Do you have a messenger or anything that we can talk easier? This is not really efficient. The live chat is never online.

I have no good excuse as why I'm not online. But when I'm online, i'll be on the live chat. Sometimes I'm away doing my chores and out.

But anyway, the way of doing this is by using VPN to reroute your line to another server so that you can manage your servers at the US. You just need to connect to our server (once subscribed).

In Theory, It MIGHT help with your latency if how you are connected now suffers bad routing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:37:14 PM by AJaydono »