Author Topic: Fully Router VPN for Torrent Client Only?  (Read 5502 times)

lamordnt

Fully Router VPN for Torrent Client Only?
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:50:55 PM »
I was wondering if I can configure my torrent client only to run through your fully routed VPN.  It is a 4TB NAS with a built in torrent client and I can currently configure it to work with a proxy server and can manually specify its IP.  I don't want to use the VPN on the rest of my machines, just the torrent server.  Is this possible? Where would I find documentation on setting something like this up that I could review prior to subscribing to your service?

This is the link to the torrent client/NAS that I am using: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10477

Thanks!

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Fully Router VPN for Torrent Client Only?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
The VPN connection is based on where the client is. So if you have the VPN client on your server, then it's only affecting the server. However, this is dependent on whether your NAS/server supports OpenVPN.

All linux servers should be able to but the NAS, i'm not confident that it has a openvpn  client built in.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

wwwertdf

Re: Fully Router VPN for Torrent Client Only?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »
Perhaps another option for this gentleman would be to get a simple router configured with ddwrt and use the service behind that.