Author Topic: Megaupload slow speeds; is BolehVPN my solution?  (Read 6668 times)

Ashburn17

Megaupload slow speeds; is BolehVPN my solution?
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
My Megaupload speed has been horrible since the start of October. It just hovers between 10-15 kbps. I already tackled the first problem by Gomen, which is change to Google DNS.

It was ok after that, then after October, the speed drop like hot shit. My question is, if I use BolehVPN, say on my JDownloader software, will the speed return to normal again?

Cuz I read Maxis users have no problem with Megaupload, so its only a Streamyx problem.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Megaupload slow speeds; is BolehVPN my solution?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »
I'm not sure if it's a routing issue or if they are actively throttling direct downloads. I've tested and I don't appear to be throttled, however my own line is plagued by horrible routing so I can't really say.

If you're not currently subscribed however, I suggest purchasing a trial first to check, perhaps the FullyRouted servers would help you out.

Ashburn17

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:53:36 PM »
I've already signed-up once last year, and stopped after 1 month.

Can I still apply for the 3 day trial to test this?

How do I go about making the payment again? I forgot how to do it and its seem abit complicated.

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »
you can still apply the trial. It's unlimited. The only thing is the duration  and the IPT access.

The payment now is automated as we have a proper system. head over to https://beta.bolehvpn.net
Details are there.

Traith

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 02:30:50 AM »
Does seem to be a Streamyx issue (for now) as Unifi doesn't seem to have any problem with MU. I can get near 600kb/s with a Unify VIP5 line but only around 20-30kb/s with a Streamyx 1MB line.

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »
What I've heard from a friend of mine that IP's from Unifi comes from US. He's using a 5mb Unifi package. I'm pretty sure that Direct download wouldn't be a problem to download on Unifi rather than Streamyx. But that also depends on which Direct download server/data hosting sites that you download from. I get quite a good speed on Fileserves and Megaupload than the rest.

Ashburn17

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »
So I signed up for a 7 day trial, paid with Paypal and activated.

First , I downloaded the Key as the E-mail instructed.

Then, I followed these instructions all the way - http://bolehvpn.net/serv_bolehvpn_inst02.html ; downloaded the bolehvpnsetup and followed the instructions.

So after I typed in my ID and Password, I can connect, and after I test 3 out of 4 settings (Proxied, fully routed, surfing/streaming) it all looks to be working fine since I check the IP address on the console and I check with www.whatismyip.com, so It all seems to be working as promised.

My question is; what do I do with the Key zip file I downloaded? I haven't even unzipped the folder, but everything seems to be working as it should. Did I do something......wrong?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
Nope, you did everything right. The key .zip file you downloaded is for manually updating your configs, if you're using Linux / Mac OS then you need to use that. BolehVPN-Gui on windows automatically downloads and updates your configs when you tell it to though.