Author Topic: Youtube and speed  (Read 6971 times)

Ashburn17

Youtube and speed
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »
I read this topic : http://www.bolehvpn.net/forum/index.php/topic,1749.0.html

Does that mean I can't watch Youtube videos any faster than I can right now? Isn't that kinda the point of having BolehVPN?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Youtube and speed
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »
No the point of BolehVPN is not for accelerating youtube. Where did you get this info?

The point of BolehVPN is for security, privacy and faster P2P. It SOMETIMES accelerates surfing where routing is not so great but it's not something we advertise nor guarantee.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
You might want to try it after 2 May 2010 tho to see if gives u better speeds or not (this is cause cable repairs complete then)
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Ashburn17

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »
I see. What about direct downloads, like Mediafire and Megaupload? Since P2P downloads are proven to work, can Mediafire and Megaupload downloads benefit by running through BolehVPN, thus removing the max download speed cap?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:18:50 PM »
That depends on whether you're being throttled on those downloads as well. Some of our users have reported increased speeds from proxying their Rapidshare downloads through our servers, for others, their poor speed is a result of bad routing, which can possibly be solved by routing through our servers instead. Note that you'll still be subject to the bandwidth cap of your internet package, we unfortunately can't do anything to improve that.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 09:53:29 PM »
Just to clarify Mediafire and Megaupload aren't P2P sites :D They're http download file sharing sites which is different.

Co-Founder/Administrator

Ashburn17

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 02:10:42 AM »
Apologies for multiple Q' but I forgot to ask about one last thing.

I'm using TVants, to stream tv channels. It works by P2P , so can this program benefit from BolehVPN as well?

Thanks for the fast replies !

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 02:26:52 AM »
It should be but it depends if streamyx detects it as p2p traffic and throttles it

Co-Founder/Administrator