Author Topic: [WTS] WesternDigital TV™ HD Media Player - plays all kind of format inc. mkv  (Read 56784 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Thanks man btw are DTS encoded files very common?
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Most newer bluray converts are using DTS. I wonder why it took me only 10 minutes to convert standard 1080P DTS to DD5.1? Maybe I'm running QC 9550.

Co-Founder / Administrator

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Pit Boss is right; DTS conversion to DD5.1 or AC-3 can be done in a jiffy... i dunno what software the other guy was using or if his configs were wrong.

papaho1946

I am using a Intel C2D 2.2ghz pc but should not be making such a big difference, I guess.  The file that I was converting amounts to 11.5 Gb .  What settings did you use for the conversion ?

Offline kiddc

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • aww snap
To all,

To solve the problem of having no sound on some MKV's, i suggest you update the firmware to 1.01, quick and easy process. Just follow the instruction posted:-

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/wdtv/

File not outputting DTS signal?
This solution is for those who have amps. Get a optical cable, connect it from the WDTV to the amp, switch the audio signal from stereo to digital in SETTINGS, and you will get Dolby, 5.1, DTS or plain PCM signals outputted through your amps.

i am currently loving my WDTV. Just ogling on HD stuffs over and over again.
Rewatching favourites such as Matrix, LoTR is such an experience.

Reubs should get a package going :- BolehVPN + WDTV = HD goodness!

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
I should also bundle it with those high speed 16-32 GB Team pen drives that we also sell :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

caxman

WoW ! This is fantastic ! Reuben, can you test few MKV files with subs, I have a huge collection of Anime & most are in MKV files, & subtitles is "important". Please do feedback if they work fine. I am considering to get one !

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
They do work fine. Tested already

Co-Founder/Administrator

sswolf

Question. Does unicode and non-english locale subtitles display correctly?

mafiagang

Question. Does unicode and non-english locale subtitles display correctly?

According to the v1.01.01 Release Note, yes it should. I just got my unit and haven't got chance to test it out yet. But looking at the Release Note, an upgrade is a must!  ;)

Version 1.01.02:
Resolved Issues:
• Resolved the issue surrounding updating the firmware from a large (500GB or larger) drive, previously the WDTV™ would not recognize the updated firmware on a large drive
Known Issues:
• When image is rotated 90 degrees there is some elongation in the rotated view
• If the user unsafely removes an HFS+ formatted drive from the media player without using the Eject button, the drive will become read only media

Version 1.01.01:
New Features:
• Added .MKV chapter selection for video playback for MKV with chapter support
• Added .MTS file extension support
• Added .TP file extension support
• Added .TS file extension support
• Added 1080p 24hz support
• Added disk volume name to folder navigation in list mode
• Added EXIF orientation flag functionality for auto picture rotate
• Added file size in filename
• Added jump feature to the remote: While fast forwarding or reversing, if the “Next” or “Prev” buttons are pressed, video will jump 10 minutes in the respective direction
• Added progress indicator for the duration of the FF or REV function
• Added a blinking status LED behavior while drive is mounting; previously the light just stayed on
• Added sequential .M2TS file playback function
• Added additional subtitle support (SMI, SUB, ASS, SSA)
• Added user selectable font size for subtitle support
• Added song title scroll in music playback to prevent truncation
• Added embedded subtitle display in .MKV files
• Added additional subtitle encoding support for the following: Western Europe (ISO), Traditional Chinese (Big5), Simplified Chinese (GB18030), Japanese (Shift-JIS), Korean (EUC-KR), Cyrillic (Windows-1251), Cyrillic (KOI8-R), Greek (ISO); previously only UTF-8 was supported
• Added display sizing menu for photo playback: Fit to Screen, Full Screen, Keep as Original
• Added accelerating scroll speed based on how long the arrow is held down on the remote when navigating folders with a large number of files; previously only one, constant speed was available

Resolved Issues:
• Resolved issue when 2 drives were connected, then one drive was disconnected, the files from the disconnected drive still showed up on the file list but were not playable
• Resolved "repeat one" failure during music playback; previously songs would not repeat
• Resolved artist name truncation issue during music playback
• Resolved issue where WD TV would not turn back on with remote after extended period of inactivity; previously WD TV had to be unplugged and was unrecoverable with the remote
• Resolved image size and position issues during video playback; previously the image displayed did not fill the screen until the picture was zoomed in and then out again

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
All our units are now sold out but we are restocking next week. Please place your order with us as soon as you can if you wish to be part of the second batch.

Co-Founder/Administrator

webmachine23

Hi Reuben,

I have completed my payment. Transfered to your maybank account earlier and also sent an email to sales@bolehvpn.net and I have also contacted Pit Boss.  ;D can't wait to have my hands on the product.

Another thing, any suggestion where i can get HDMI cables? and how much do they cost ?

Thanks yah....

Offline kiddc

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • aww snap
ill answer on behalf of Reubs. :D

You can HDMI and optical Toslink cables in Jalan Pasar (very cheap) if you're in KL. Otherwise, u can get it in any TV and radio shops (electronic shops) like Harvey Norman.

webmachine23

Thanks mate....any idea on the price range itself? might be going to KL this saturday....will drop by harvey norman.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
have u received the item?

Co-Founder/Administrator