Author Topic: I'm gonna need list of the IPs of the all routed servers  (Read 7909 times)

Gnikf

I'm gonna need list of the IPs of the all routed servers
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:31:27 AM »
I need it to give to my host to whitelist them so i can connect over FTP

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: I'm gonna need list of the IPs of the all routed servers
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
You can view it directly from within the OVPN. Just ping it and it will resolve to the relevant IP :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Gnikf

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
yes, but ill have to find them everytime one by one, and create new support ticket to get that IP whitelisted
would be nice to be able to setup all that at once and forget about it :)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
Yes but I can't give that list since we change our servers pretty often but re-use the same resolving hostname.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:14 AM »

What you're saying here doesn't make much sense, what type of Host are you talking about?

Also if this is a Host you pay to do business with, then it doesn't make much sense to connect to the FTP via a VPN...

The point of using a VPN like this is to remain as private and anonymous as possibe, that means you certainly don't go out there and start telling companies you use a VPN and then give them IPs to whitelist... :(

Also between a host and the ftp, this should be your own personal ftp that comes with your hosting plan and the only people that have access to it, is you and the host, so again, no point in a VPN...

So I'm at a loss here as to why a vpn over your ftp...

Gnikf

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

What you're saying here doesn't make much sense, what type of Host are you talking about?

Also if this is a Host you pay to do business with, then it doesn't make much sense to connect to the FTP via a VPN...

The point of using a VPN like this is to remain as private and anonymous as possibe, that means you certainly don't go out there and start telling companies you use a VPN and then give them IPs to whitelist... :(

Also between a host and the ftp, this should be your own personal ftp that comes with your hosting plan and the only people that have access to it, is you and the host, so again, no point in a VPN...

So I'm at a loss here as to why a vpn over your ftp...

It makes sense if you know that the standard FTP protocol used by the 99% of the hosts is tranfering usernames and passwords in plain text.