Author Topic: questions  (Read 6366 times)

scottbryan

questions
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:49 AM »
so with the 6 strike isp crack down approaching im looking for the best way to protect my self

i have verizon fios and i have a 150/65 connection

the ideal situation for me would be to anonymize just my utorrent activity and not touch my browser

i dont want to download to a seedbox because i dont want the added step of downloading from there to my pc since i use a media streamer and when my shows are done downloading i like to be able to just go ahead and watch dont want to have to first go manually download them all to my pc

know with alot of things you do lose some speed but since i pay for this kind of connection i wouldnt like to lose much of it

also has to be be aloud on private trackers

will this vpn be good

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: questions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
We can provide anonymity and security for your torrents. As for speed, I suggest purchasing a trial package first with us to make sure everything works to your satisfaction. Use the proxied servers and setup proxy settings in uTorrent.

scottbryan

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:48:14 AM »
so basically just to set utorrent i would pick proxy then go from there with settings?

also i see on the site it says if i do that that "You will not be fully connectable and will appear as firewalled. This is inevitable as it uses a proxy. This might reduce your ability to connect to peers and is relevant when the seeder/peer ratio is bad or there are very few people on the torrent. This also gives you LowID with Emule "

that part concerns me..especially when it comes to my private trackers and everything being connected fine...is there anyway around this?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
You could use our fullyrouted servers instead, but then that means your browser and other programs will have to use our servers as well.

To be honest though it doesn't really affect your speeds much, only if there's a low number of seeders / peers. It shouldn't be a problem with most private trackers either, you can always change to the fullyrouted servers if you want to seed back.

scottbryan

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
and its a dedicated ip??

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
FullyRouted servers assign you a dynamic dedicated IP, proxied servers you'll be using a shared static IP.

scottbryan

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:53:14 AM »
thanks for the answers..i dont actually have the 150/65 plan yet it should be installed on wed so after that i might give you guys a trial and see how everything works ill be back if any other questions come to mind thanks again