Author Topic: some vpn questions  (Read 4380 times)

iamloco724

some vpn questions
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »
Im looking at possibly getting a vpn due to my isp participating in this new deal thats starting in july between the major entertainment companies and the isps that will be basically tracking bittorrent traffic

I already only use private trackers but looks like that wont be enough with this action there taking

i use utorrent do all versions work fine with your service?

my isp speed is 43 down 39 up will this go down at all with your vpn?

as i said my main concern is torrent traffic being tracked can i set up this vpn to just work with all torrent traffic and not any web traffic or anything else?

i see that theres several servers i can run from..is there a benefit to one over the other based on my location?..like im in brooklyn ny usa..if i chose usa doesnt that run risk of same issues that im trying to avoid or it doesnt matter cause either way im anonymous

as you can probably tell  im new to vpns so dont know to much about them but im no dummy when it comes to computers this area is just all new to me, is there anything specifically i need to know before doing this that effects my end further and whats the setup process like

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: some vpn questions
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Yes, all uTorrent versions should work fine.

I believe there'll be a 10% overhead with a VPN, so with an optimal torrent you should get around 90% of that in download speed.

Yes, you can use our proxied servers for that, only the programs which you configure will use our servers then.

No, with the VPN working properly you'll be hidden behind our server. Any benefit would be from better routing to that country's server, maybe you get better speeds on our Netherlands servers over our Lux servers.

Setup is pretty straightforward if you're on Windows and using our custom GUI. Our install guide can be found here http://bolehvpn.net/serv_bolehvpn_inst-01.php

iamloco724

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »
thanks for the quick response

when it comes to only using the vpn for torrents and not browsingwould this kind of setup cause  prob with private torrent trackers since im browsing from one location and downloading from another?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
In certain cases yes though if you use the browser with a proxy addon then you can easily turn off and on the proxy while surfing the private tracker website.

Some private trackers will still allow it if you e-mail them telling them oyu have a seedbox or the reason of the difference.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator