Author Topic: Unifi - HF,RS,FS etc....  (Read 8604 times)

fiqqyz

Unifi - HF,RS,FS etc....
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
I have subscribed to unifi VIP5 package. Until now, I have been getting maxspeeds when I download using Hotfile, Fileserve and Rapidshare. But now there is a drastic drop in speeds. I used to get average 600kbps but now I'm getting 50kbps. I was wondering if I get VPN, will this help solve my problem?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Unifi - HF,RS,FS etc....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
Haven't heard of any throttles on UniFi as yet, you might just have bad routing or something. I suggest you purchase a trial first, see how it goes, if you're going to be downloading from Rapidshare etc I recommend using BolehRoute.

ricstc

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
Hi Chris,
In this case, are the benefits of BolehVPN the same for the Streamyx vs the Unifi customer/user?  Meaning, what have you heard of benefit to the subscribers of BVPN that are also Unifi customers?

Thanks

eddie5a

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 09:15:17 PM »
I don't about anyone else but I have continued touse bolehvpn after I got my unifi line - simply due to the added stability as well as privacy and choice.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »
Hey, sorry bout the late reply, missed your post. Other than anonymity, you could also use the VPN for security and better routing. Currently, you can also use it to access those blocked websites, TPB, Rapidshare and so on.

ricstc

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
 :)  Good for you guys on Unifi I guess.

Great replies. Thanks

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
Also if MCMC implements the ban there's another reason to use it.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Traith

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
As a Unifi user, I can say that there is SOME throttling going on. It is nowhere near as bad as on Streamyx but it also affects download speeds on non-torrent files. Say, around 85-95% reduction on speeds from sites like megaupload.com

For example: uTorrent on BVPN = 54kb/s, without BVPN = 5kb/s so there is a benefit to using BolehVPN for p2p at least.

*54kb/s because it's a single file, not because 54kb/s is the limit.

For non-p2p downloads like the OP mentioned, you can get speeds 4-7x faster on BVPN then without. Say, using Fileserve, I can download a 500mb file in 30 mins instead of 2 hours. You can also open two browsers (one using VPN, the other on normal Unifi) and download two files from the same filesharing site.

In short, for a cost increase of around 20% in addition to the cheapest Unifi subscription, you get a lot more than 20%, plus more privacy and the ability to bypass government censorship.

:Disclaimer: YMMV ^-^. Naturally.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »
Hmm interesting thanks for the feedback.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator