Author Topic: configuration differences  (Read 6540 times)

Offline ov

• BolehVPN Subscriber
configuration differences
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:38:39 AM »
I typically use tunnelblick and usually d/l the key.zip file.

Due to issues with fullyrouted-germany not wanting to connect (which I use very rarely) I have re d/l the key.zip file and re-imported into tunnelblick.

Tunnelblick has this popup when I try to import...

In the OpenVPN configuration file for 'Proxied-Germany' at line 35: The configuration file refers to a file

ca.crtcert

which should be located at

/Downloads/Key.tblk/ca.crtcert

but the file does not exist.

Opening the file I see that ca and cert line do not have a carriage return. i.e. ca ca.crtcert key.crt
I edited the line with a carriage return and tunnelblick completes the installation.

Also after my convo with Reuben on IRC last night about fullyrouted-germany I got curious and double checked config files from key.zip and the config files in the bolehVPN client (just looking at fullyrouted-germany) and there are glaring differences. Differences are noted by XXX at the end of said line.

file from key.zip....
script-security 2   XXX line 1
client
remote 178.162.197.214 80   XXX line 15
#User Info
ca ca.crt
cert key.crt   XXX line 36
key key.key   XXX line 37

from bolehVPN config file
   XXX not present
client
remote 178.162.197.211 443 XXX diff ip and port
#User Info
ca ca.crt
   XXX not present
   XXX not present

Most curious is the difference in the remote line. Seems some of the configs in key.zip are not consistant with the configs within the bolehVPN client. Note I haven't checked any other config files.

ov

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: configuration differences
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 12:46:59 AM »
The diff between key and the one in app, is only the format.
The GUI only has the minimal config without the user information and the rest of the info is automatically inserted by the when connection are being made while for the zip, it is made to accommodate the standard format needed by the general vpn client such as those from openvpn or linux or osx.

Co-Founder / Administrator

Offline ov

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Re: configuration differences
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 01:17:01 AM »
The diff between key and the one in app, is only the format.
The GUI only has the minimal config without the user information and the rest of the info is automatically inserted by the when connection are being made while for the zip, it is made to accommodate the standard format needed by the general vpn client such as those from openvpn or linux or osx.

This I understand. My main points were meant to be about the carriage return issue and the diff ip/port for the same configuration. The clients or OS wouldn't have anything to do with those issues.