Author Topic: RAN needs your help RM2125.55 Collected Thus Far  (Read 106354 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: RAN needs your help RM2125.55 Collected Thus Far
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2008, 09:57:12 AM »
Silencers i put you in for the downpayment?
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Silencers

« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
I say release it for the downpayment.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »
Alright. Marked.

RM500 ready and no receipt is needed.

RAN please provide your bank account details.

Have e-mailed her requesting this.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:34:47 AM by Erun »
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

louislee1991

« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »

For example, you donate to a needy organization. You certainly do not ask for a summary or a report on how your money is spent. Well, maybe some of you do, but charity for me doesnt work that way. Money is pledged so that it may help the intended party in ANY WAY.

just my 2cts.
I say give her the money.

KIDDC has a good point. If we donate cash to an organisation, they have the rights to do whtever they want to do with it. I will release my donation to RAN as well.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »
Although i don't agree personally with the logic that is provided, for example you donate to tsunami organization they do not have the right to donate it to cancer patients, I will place your amount together with the down-payment.

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
Seeing there is a divergence of views and the change of circumstances of the purposes of the donation, may I suggest that EVERYONE instructs me on what they wish to do with their portion alone and I will do the necessary.

a) Remit the money immediately to RAN
b) Remit the money back to the donor
c) Wait for documentation

Thank you.

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »
a) Remit the money immediately to RAN

Thanks.  :)

izzymaxx

« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »

Offline kiddc

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • aww snap
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2008, 01:40:18 PM »
a) Remit the money to RAN.

Thanks again for doing this, Erun.

louislee1991

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »
Remit the money immediately to RAN

Offline james2306

• Lieutenant
  • FORZA FERRARI & GLORY-GLORY MAN UTD!
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Option A for me as well

RAN

« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2008, 03:05:43 PM »
I have always disliked trying to "talk" to people using instant messengers. Texts overlapped, conversations loose track, and before you know it everything is screwed and misunderstandings occur. Its just impossible to convey everything correctly without the subtle nuances of face expression, tone of voice, body movement, and a gut feeling that a person is being honest. Its unfortunate that what I had intended has ended up creating a negative environment.
I had initially wanted to "talk" to Reuben about my appointment with my doctor, the result of the Bone Mass scan, why it was done, what was advised, and the reasons why I then decided that instead of waiting for ever for a surgery that might not happen happen, why not use the fund to purchase items that I had put on the back burner to help with my condition. Before posting anything here, I have always consulted with Reuben first. The money was placed in the bank after I discussed with him and enquired if the fund could be kept until a decision was made.
I re-read the script that Reuben posted, and have to admit I made a hasty remark about asking for the fund to be released before going into the details. The conversation was not supposed to go that way. It started to go awry when Reuben's text continued on and I found myself unable to interject and explain  in full detail. It happens. Then he disappeared and posted his comment before I had a chance to post mine. It would have explained my reasons to all of you.

2.59pm: Reuben called me, and after an explanation by both of us, have cleared the air. All is well.

I wish to thank Crappy, izzymaxx, kiddc, kamikaze, and james2306 for agreeing to release their donation  to me. All downpayment, or receipts, and pics of products will be upped here. It has been my intention to be transparent to all of you too. If I have missed anyone, please inform me.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »
Decision made already. This RAN very loh soh la what I saw as evasiveness was probably loh sohness. Should have known from the way she asks me for tech help....Anyway issue sorted and air cleared.

This is how it will go as per our phone discussion (please confirm RAN):

RM 500 first to RAN (will do so shortly) for her down payments, small purchases etc with receipts, invoices etc (just to ensure transparency) to her Standard Chartered bank account.
Remainder to be released to her upon full presentation of invoices and receipts.

I believe this suits everybody and will be closing this decision as final as soon as RAN confirms it here.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:15:38 PM by Erun »

Co-Founder/Administrator

louislee1991

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »

I wish to thank Crappy, izzymaxx, kiddc, kamikaze, and james2306 for agreeing to release their donation  to me. All downpayment, or receipts, and pics of products will be upped here. It has been my intention to be transparent to all of you too. If I have missed anyone, please inform me.

All the best to u RAN and get well soon

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »
Rm500 remitted

Please see attached pdf.

Co-Founder/Administrator