Author Topic: Should you bother to VPN with the NSA listening?  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Should you bother to VPN with the NSA listening?
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »
Well here's a pretty nice little article to make you feel better, at least for those Anti NSA users! ;)

http://anonym.to/?http://securerouter.org/news/should-you-bother-to-vpn-with-the-nsa-listening/

They do say however if they want you they can get you, well if you're really paranoid just learn to add layers, double hops through VPNs, even through different companies if you want, and then throwing Tor into the mix...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:40:46 AM by Slacker »

Traith

Re: Should you bother to VPN with the NSA listening?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »
Totally agree.

... and people in the US complain about the TSA. The TSA does not improve security, it's costly and arguably it has done far more 'damage' to the USA than all terrorist attacks have in the last century.

If I told you that I would double your travel time, prevent you from carrying your shampoo and toothpaste on your travels and fondle your genitals... not to mention taking pictures of you without your clothes... and that you'd pay me to do that. You'd call me a terrorist right?

Before we start putting tin foil on our heads, we might just relax a tad.

Most of us have nothing to worry about. Take a look at the security protecting your credit card number... against folk that are PAID to get it and how often does your CC# get abused... and more importantly, how often do you suffer loss or even just inconvenience?

And while movies and the like seem to give the NSA some deity-like powers of omniscience... it took the sole global superpower more than a decade to get their most wanted man. Ehh? Spending TRILLIONS and it still took that long and didn't end all that much too...

Never mind that... remember BCCI? Or how about a organization that funded terrorist activity from before the Cold War ended until 'recently'... you know.. HSBC. Oh, it's still here. Some of us even have HSBC CCs, especially BVPN users from the ASEAN region. It's like buying a pirated DVD and therefore funding human sex-trafficking... most of us just don't see or care where the web goes.

Much ado about nothing.

Frankly, I'd be more intrigued... the NSA obviously has enough 'goods' to make the RIAA's dampest wet dreams come true. Namely pin-point every 'illegal' download ever. Not to mention your brony addiction. Hmm... could that be why certain countries' leaders behave so oddly...

For the Malaysians reading this... want some real dirt that matters more? Little over a month before your GE13.