Author Topic: How to get TVersity to work sith PS3?  (Read 21853 times)

louislee1991

How to get TVersity to work sith PS3?
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:24:42 PM »
http://www.coderetard.com/2008/06/22/turn-ps3-into-a-media-server-with-tversity/

I have followed the above instruction and it still can't get videos strem to my PS3. Any1 can help me please? If any1 is willing to come to my house and fix it for me I will pay RM50!!! I want to watch my HD MOVIES!!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:20:56 PM by ̡̲louislee1991 »

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Re: How to get TVersity to work sith PS3?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

I have followed the above instruction and it still can get videos strem to my PS3. Any1 can help me please? If any1 is willing to come to my house and fix it for me I will pay RM50!!! I want to watch my HD MOVIES!!!!

If you can still get the videos to stream, what do you want help for?

Also, 50 bucks? Cheapskate!  :D

louislee1991

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »

I have followed the above instruction and it still can get videos strem to my PS3. Any1 can help me please? If any1 is willing to come to my house and fix it for me I will pay RM50!!! I want to watch my HD MOVIES!!!!

If you can still get the videos to stream, what do you want help for?

Also, 50 bucks? Cheapskate!  :D

Cant i mean.

and yes I am a cheapskate but if it requires alot of time and stuff i will most proably pay more and maybe free lunch
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:56:16 PM by READ THE BLOG BEFORE U ASK SHIT »

louislee1991

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »
Got it to work already but now streaming HD movies is super laggy. Any ideas on how to smmothen the HD movies?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:43:11 PM by louislee1991 »

Offline dexbot.fallout3

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Captain
  • I have the right to go apeshit.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »
Got titto work already but now streaming HD movies is super laggy. Any ideas on how to smmothen the HD movies?
FTW.
"There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven and hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."
1080p x264 test file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSKFM2W5

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »
Got tit to work already but now streaming HD movies is super laggy. Any ideas on how to smmothen the HD movies?

Please please show us your tit! Is it lactating? :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:44:26 PM by Lord Craptastic! »

louislee1991

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 05:43:36 PM »
LOL. Sorry typo.

asellus

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »
What is your computer spec? It better be some quad-core or overclocked dual-core from Intel because Tversity will transcode and stream the video to your PS3 in real time. Try streaming a video to the PS3 and go look at the CPU utilization on your computer.

littlefox

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:10 PM »
First of all, don't immediately try to run HD movie files across TVersity when trying to optimise your setup.  Find a simple low-res AVI file first and use that to test instead.

Also, tell us:

- what processor you're using and how fast it is (Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, Athlon 64x2 2.0 Ghz, Intel 8086 40 MHz, etc)

- what operating system (Vista 32 bit Home Premium, Vista 64 bit Ultimate, XP, Ubuntu, GUNDAM OS, whatever)

- what kind of network (wired, wireless B, wireless G, wireless N1, etc) and

- how much RAM you have (system RAM, not video RAM).

louislee1991

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »
First of all, don't immediately try to run HD movie files across TVersity when trying to optimise your setup.  Find a simple low-res AVI file first and use that to test instead.

Also, tell us:

- what processor you're using and how fast it is (Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, Athlon 64x2 2.0 Ghz, Intel 8086 40 MHz, etc)

- what operating system (Vista 32 bit Home Premium, Vista 64 bit Ultimate, XP, Ubuntu, GUNDAM OS, whatever)

- what kind of network (wired, wireless B, wireless G, wireless N1, etc) and

- how much RAM you have (system RAM, not video RAM).

My core is Core 2 Duo 1.6GHZ, OS is windows xp home edi 32bit, network is wired and my ram is 4gb
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:58:34 AM by louislee1991 »

louislee1991

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »
What is your computer spec? It better be some quad-core or overclocked dual-core from Intel because Tversity will transcode and stream the video to your PS3 in real time. Try streaming a video to the PS3 and go look at the CPU utilization on your computer.

when streaming normal videos to my ps3, the cpu utilization is around 50%

littlefox

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
Okay louiselee1991, it looks like your computer should be able to transcode with no problems, so that narrows down the problem to two possibilities.

Try these solutions:

1) Restart your computer.  Turn off everything except TVersity.  This means you also turn off whatever is running in your system tray including your firewall and antivirus.  Now try and play the file.  If it runs smoothly, start up your antivirus and firewall.  If it gets choppy, maybe you should get an antivirus and firewall that doesn't take up so much memory or CPU time.  If it still runs smoothly, start up your programs one by one until you have them all on or until the playback becomes choppy again.  Take note of how many programs you have on; choose which ones you can live without and stop them from starting up.

2) If the video is choppy even when you've turned off all your programs in Step 1, this means that your video is simply too high-resolution.  Play with TVersity's settings.  If you can live with the drop in video quality, choose the Speed option over Quality in the Settings -> Transcoder section.  Tell TVersity that your network is worse than it is (set Connection Quality to Poor, for example).  Lower the transcoder resolution to 800 x 600 instead of leaving it at 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080.  Play around until you get the best video quality without having the video stutter or until you like it.

louislee1991

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:51:47 PM »
I have an even worse problem, now when ever i want to watch full HD shows or movies, it says my file is corrupted on the PS3 or shows the require codecs will be showed and file corrupted and my TVersity will hang on my pc. I know its codec problem, any ideas on how to fix it?

littlefox

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 06:56:17 PM »
1) Go Soviet; get CCCP here: Combined Community Codec Pack

2) Uninstall all the codecs on your computer.  The CCCP site should show you how to do this. When you come to the settings screen after it's done installing, uncheck AC3 under Audio Decoders.  Make sure all other tickboxes under Audio Decoders and Video Decoders is ticked. Click Next.

Make sure Enable MKV and Enable MP4 are ticked under Haali Media Splitter. Click Apply.

3) Go to "Start Menu -> Combined Community Codec Pack -> Filters -> FFDShow Video Decoder Configuration".  In the scrollbox on the left, click on Subtitles.  In the right pane, tick the following boxes:

- Subtitles (at the very top)
- Accept embedded subtitles
- Accept SSA, ASS and ASS2 subtitles
- Decode closed captions

Make sure all other tickboxes in the right hand pane is unchecked.  Click OK.

4) Done.

What this does is change your codecs to a set that is more likely to work with virtually anything.  Except for .OGM files, you shouldn't have any problems watching any file with TVersity after this...

... unless you want to watch an MKV with subtitles.

If that's the case, then you will also need to do this:

1) Get Gabest's MKV splitter here: Gabest's MKV Splitter

2) Copy the MKV splitter to <Windows>\system32\ where <Windows> is the path to your Windows installation (eg. "C:\Windows")

3) Right-click on your desktop.  Select New -> Text Document.  Name it "Change to Gabest.txt".  Type the following into the text file:

Code: [Select]
@echo off
rem This switches to Gabest's Media Splitter.
rem Haali's doesn't work with TVersity, but Gabest's cannot handle some special characters.
echo "Switching to Gabest's Media Splitter"
regsvr32 /s <Windows>\system32\matroskasplitter.ax
cls

Rename your text file to "Change to Gabest.bat". Remember to change <Windows> into your Windows path as in step 5.

4) Right-click on your desktop.  Select New -> Text Document.  Name it "Change to Haali.txt".  Type the following into the text file:

Code: [Select]
@echo off
rem This switches to Haali's Media Splitter.
rem Haali's doesn't work with TVersity, but Gabest's cannot handle some special characters.
echo "Switching to Haali's Media Splitter"
regsvr32 /s /u <Windows>\system32\matroskasplitter.ax
cls

Rename your text file to "Change to Haali.bat". Remember to change <Windows> into your Windows path as in step 5.

5) Done.

Now, whenever you want to watch an MKV file that has subtitles, just click on the "Change to Gabest.bat" file before you switch on TVersity, and click on the "Change to Haali.bat" file when you're done.  Haali's Splitter doesn't work well with TVersity running MKVs and will cause it to crash, but Gabest's Splitter can't handle some multibyte characters.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:06:25 PM by littlefox »

littlefox

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »
Here are a few more tweaks to try to get your HD video playing running smoothly:

6. TVersity Tweaks

* General > Media Sharing Device > Playstation 3.

* Transcoder > Always Transcode

* Use 1280x720 res, optimize Quality, Wired, and Minimum compression.

7. Further Tweaks

* Edit profiles.xml in install directory with Notepad.

* Search "Playstation" and look a few lines below it.

* Change the following from mpeg16 to mpeg2.

* video="video/mpeg2" photo="image/jpeg"

* onlineAudio="audio/mpeg" onlineVideo="video/mpeg2" onlinePhoto="image/jpeg"

* adjustReadStartPos="false", audioFailFutureSeek="false", and videoFailFutureSeek="true" />

For the files you're having problems playing, please list down the full filename of the files (eg. "[triad]_Detroit_Metal_City_-_03.mkv" or "[Keroro].113.[Xvid.mp3].[F1DD6453].avi").  Links to where you downloaded them from would also help.