Author Topic: Is concurrent VPN connection allowed? & maxis skmm unlimited bandwidth.  (Read 10972 times)

ctmk

Been using vpn for like quite a few years and very happy about it and Just want to ask before i try,

given scenario that I got multiple internet lines and few pcs, i wish to know that am i allowed to connect to boleh vpn  with 2 pcs concurrently (not on the same vpn server and different internet line)?

and recently i plan to drop one of my uber slow and expansive stimmix line and use one of those skmm prepaid 3G internet for download only. what server i need to connect to in order to bypass the bandwidth limit?

thanks!

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Is concurrent VPN connection allowed? & maxis skmm unlimited bandwidth.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
We only allow 2 VPN connection on a single internet ip address to connect to our servers at a specified time. However, you can also have an L2TP connection at the same time.

So no connecting from different lines at the same time.

For the bypass, only Maxis or Celcom prepaid or skmm plans are able to be bypassed. And we can bypass the throttle they impose after you have exceeded the quota, not prevent your quota from going down.

ctmk

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
Thanks for reply,

never utilize L2TP before, care to elaborate?

do you guys have plans for 1+1 offer or plans?

because the skmm plans seems tempting for BT+surf-only-line. (can unsubscribe the contract fulfilled line for it.)
harsh times overcome by new solutions, just like what bolehvpn is meant for.  ;D

P/S: I saw some cheap VPNs out there, but i still prefer bolehvpn.

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:40:58 AM »
L2TP = Layer 2 tunneling Protocol
This is mostly for Mobile devices as we can't install OpenVPN directly into most smartphones.

Care to explain your version of a 1+1 offer?

I have a SKMM Maxis plan and I have tested it out that I can bypass the quota. The quota will continue to drop, but once you reached 0mb, you are still able to get 70-90%(depending on your coverage) of your full speed back. Although it isn't 100% of the original speed but better than 5KB/s right? Mainly I use that line for my torrent box and when there is a Storm in my area, I switch to it to continue surfing than my land line being struck by lightning.

Offline lmb

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
Just wanted to ask whether the Maxis SKMM quota bypass using VPN still works upon reaching 0MB ?

Regards.  ;)

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »
No, as Maxis has closed all the loopholes and blocked all VPNs from being used on their network recently.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 11:18:46 AM »
No, as Maxis has closed all the loopholes and blocked all VPNs from being used on their network recently.

You saying Maxis doesn't allow VPN at all on their network for Broadband or Mobile?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:27:22 AM by Slacker »

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
Nah there was a loophole that allowed bypassing of bandwidth quota but they closed that.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
Nah there was a loophole that allowed bypassing of bandwidth quota but they closed that.

Ahhh ok...