Author Topic: Which Internet Security is compatible?  (Read 5790 times)

ShadowCape

Which Internet Security is compatible?
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:48:43 PM »
Hello. I've been using KIS 2010 and my license is about to expire. I thought of switching to Pc-Cillin Internet Security Pro 2010. So I was wondering if anybody is using this?How good is it and is it compatible with me using VPN too. I was using Zonealarm firewall last time and it just made my pc hang all the time after I started using VPN.Thanks

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Which Internet Security is compatible?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »
I don't have any experience with PC-Cillin Internet Security, however I'm using Avira Premium Security Suite, with the firewall turned off. I've configured the firewall to not interfere with OpenVPN and uTorrent, but I'm too lazy to have the firewall on, :p. It seems to degrade speed slightly.

kenkan73

Re: Which Internet Security is compatible?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »
Whenever you want protection then you will need software to scan through. So, no matter which software you use will have degraded speed over VPN because the software scan it. You can by pass that particular port that OpenVPN use but it will not make any purpose of Firewall turn on.

Symantec will have very high degrade as it scan very depth into it. So stay away on it but again it is more secure. That is why I am using Seedbox for 2 years now on next month, just FTP to Seedbox. Primary user for BolehBox forever. :D