Author Topic: Will BolehVPN work with rapidshare.  (Read 14681 times)

sytale

Will BolehVPN work with rapidshare.
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
Hi all,

I have been using rapidshare premium account without any problem,but since last week,speed at my home have drop to 10kBps and i have test at other place with my account and there is no problem.suspected streamyx started throttle rapidshare slowly.

My question is will bolehVPN works when im using rapidshare together with download manager?

Thanks

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Will BolehVPN work with rapidshare.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »
It works but technically it shouldn't accelerate rapidshare as rapidshare is not p2p based. However there are some ppl whom I know who use it and say that it improves it slightly but I am unable to confirm this myself.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

sytale

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »
i don't mind if it not accelerating rapidshare,since i use premium account..the problem now streamyx are capping it,i can;t even get the speed normally i have.. :'(

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »
Is this slow speed only for rapidshare downloads, or are other downloads or surfing affected too? You might want to make sure it's not a miscap or something that's affecting you. Do a speedtest to the Singapore server at www.speedtest.net and see how the results go please.

sytale

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »
yup only in rapidshare.i have no problem accessing any international site,this problem arise last week.i have test download in penang and at my office and i can get fullspeed using rapidshare premium,only at my place in bandar tun razak.(not sure if other place started to feel the heat) .When i use at my home i can see that i can connect 10 simultenous rapidshare server but the speed won't go up.it will stuck at 10kBps-12kBps,just like when they throttle torrent.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
worth a shot with bolehvpn :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

sytale

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 07:24:13 AM »
lol.il be forcing streamyx to make open report and see how it goes.If all else fail i might be subscribing bolehvpn  ;)

sytale

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »
well..i have just subscribe 30 day bolehvpn :) currently waiting for email for activation

Offline gashbell

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • Hentai Lover
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »
yup only in rapidshare.i have no problem accessing any international site,this problem arise last week.i have test download in penang and at my office and i can get fullspeed using rapidshare premium,only at my place in bandar tun razak.(not sure if other place started to feel the heat) .When i use at my home i can see that i can connect 10 simultenous rapidshare server but the speed won't go up.it will stuck at 10kBps-12kBps,just like when they throttle torrent.

Take note that some host will limit your download speed unless you 'donate' to him or apply for membership. They also forbid the usage of download accelerators. Not only Rapidshit but for megaupload and mediafire as well. This all depends on the host of the files that you're downloading. Here's a sample, try and see if you can get past the 30kB/s download limit.

www.otaku-share.com
I wish I had 4 hands and 2 dicks so I could fap twice as much and still have 2 hands free.

sytale

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »

Take note that some host will limit your download speed unless you 'donate' to him or apply for membership. They also forbid the usage of download accelerators. Not only Rapidshit but for megaupload and mediafire as well. This all depends on the host of the files that you're downloading. Here's a sample, try and see if you can get past the 30kB/s download limit.

www.otaku-share.com

Im not using free rapidshare,its premium account,they don't limit the speed with premium account but they do have bandwidth usage limit,but it will be top up at end of the day.

Offline joechong

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
Hi have you tested BolehVPN with RapidShare? I'm also experiencing the same issue you had with Streamyx where they've started to cap only the Rapidshare download. Reading from forums, TM applys a URL filtering, and if my http links has rapidshare in it, the download speed will be very fast initially, but if the download maintains for more than 15 seconds, the download speed just taper down to 1 kb/s. This applied even though i'm a Premium RapidShare account holder.

Also, I use Synology NAS to do all my downloads. Gathering from what I've read so far, I think I'll need to the below
1. Install OpenVPN into the NAS box
2. Apply the configuration file from BolehVPN.
3. Start-up the OpenVPN client initiating the connection to BolehVPN
4. Within the Download Manager, point the proxy to BolehVPN's website.
5. Check download speed.

Can the SME from BolehVPN validate if the above works?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »
Well I have no familiarity with the Synology box but if OpenVPN can be installed into it and the download manager within the Synology can be pointed to the proxy, I don't see any issues.

Alternatively, you could just use BolehRoute for the Synology box which VPNs the entire connection (note that this may make your box inaccessible via SSH outside your LAN).

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline joechong

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
Let me experiment with Synology. I've a CS407e, which runs on a modified Lunix OS. Require some bootstrapping. I'll also need to have assess to SSH outside the LAN, hence BolehRoute is not a workable solution for me. I've now subscribed to a 10-day trial, hence will probably need help from the forum to do any troubleshooting.

For starters:
1. Can all the configuration files provided that works in a Window environment work as well in a Linux box?
2. Any installation guide of command-line VPN for Unix?

Thanks for the help.

Offline ShadowTek

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »
1. Can all the configuration files provided that works in a Window environment work as well in a Linux box?
2. Any installation guide of command-line VPN for Unix?

1. Yes

2. This is what I use:
Code: [Select]
sudo openvpn --cert "/Path/To/UserName.crt" --config "/Path/To/Config_File.ovpn"

thaisxs

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »
sytale hows the dl speed using the bolehvpn ? if work i want to subcsribe too.
i also have the same problem since last week.
ip with 118. no problem tested in my friend house

ip with 124. , 115 will only get 1~10kbs dl speed. the problem is my home cant get ip 118.