Author Topic: Streamyx Speed from 1.5 down to 1.0 Mbps  (Read 17457 times)

goldfish

Re: Streamyx Speed from 1.5 down to 1.0 Mbps
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 01:57:47 AM »
eeerrr.... well, for unknown reason, the problem is solved.

The download is smooth is fast.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Regards.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 10:02:10 AM »
Did u disable uTP?
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »
If you are using your download, from 150 to 100, you may not want to see the VPN speedtest.net What is your maximum speed to a nearby server. You may have to reduce their cap...

You do realize that your post makes no sense whatsoever, yes?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
If you are using your download, from 150 to 100, you may not want to see the VPN speedtest.net What is your maximum speed to a nearby server. You may have to reduce their cap...

You do realize that your post makes no sense whatsoever, yes?

It's one of those spambots, slightly more intelligent in that it takes posts and jumbles them together. I deleted it so it shouldn't be around for a while.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
It's one of those spambots, slightly more intelligent in that it takes posts and jumbles them together. I deleted it so it shouldn't be around for a while.

So basically, I was driven to irritable fits by a spambot. My dignity is in tatters!  ;D

goldfish

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:25 AM »
Did u disable uTP?

Hi Reuben, u mean 'bandwidth management' ? no, i let it enabled.

I still experience such problem for past one week: the connection is very not good during week day but almost full speed only in weekend,  for example, I downloaded almost 15Gb for past weekend, and the speed started to slow down monday evening. It remain same for whichever server I connected to.

again, I try restart modem / router, reconnect VPN, restart uTorrent, it just dont help.

any idea what is happening to me?

Regards.

---------------
1st picture is reflecting the connection status on last Friday and it get better over weekend.
2nd picture is Monday evening
3rd picture is after I restarted modem / router / uTorrent and VPN connected to Netherlands.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 07:48:15 AM »
Post your log please. You're on a streamyx line right?

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
Dear fellow Bolehnian,

Greeting, I'm goldfish and i'm with BolehVPN (intermittently) for about 2 years. Great service and well done, Boleh!

Well, back to the topic, recently, say about 1-2 weeks back, i started to experience slower streamyx speed, on torrent or speedtest.net, my original speed was constantly 1.5 Mbps but since then reduce to 1.0 Mbps, and I think another 2 streamyx line in my house experience the same issue. (Both my house and office located in Penang, Gelugor)

Anyone experience the problem mentioned? or Streamyx is capping us down?

Good luck,
Regards.

I have experienced the same thing. My line is fine, no disconnections but only slow speeds. Used to download 160kb/s for a torrent file but now the max i see is 100-120kb/s and is unstable. Am on a 1mbps line btw. Maybe Tm net is upto something? Streaming too used to be fast. streaming at 150+kb/s but now is lowered these past week.

goldfish

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »
Post your log please. You're on a streamyx line right?

aaahhh.. unlucky I just reconnected VPN to another server before seeing this, hope it still help.
Yes I'm with Streamyx.
Attached pictures is the log requested.

thanks and good luck.

Regards.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:04:13 PM by goldfish »

goldfish

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »
Yes, that is apparently their new policy; anyone who had previously benefited from a free upgrade to their 1.0 Mbps have now been capped back to their original subscribed speed. Complaining about this is useless as this is the original speed we paid for. Get used to it; I have. I hope the entire TM staff develop hideous boils and vomit slugs for the rest of their lives!  ;D
I have experienced the same thing. My line is fine, no disconnections but only slow speeds. Used to download 160kb/s for a torrent file but now the max i see is 100-120kb/s and is unstable. Am on a 1mbps line btw. Maybe Tm net is upto something? Streaming too used to be fast. streaming at 150+kb/s but now is lowered these past week.

Yah, Schadenfreude made the point. TM is cutting us down. :(

Regards.

nwk

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
I only top up RM15 to upgrade my 1mb streamyx line to this:

;D

why pay more for unifail when you can get this? :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:44:05 PM by nwk »

goldfish

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »
Any one ? I still having same problem, even I change from Streamyx to DiGi 3G.

Regards.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
I don't know about Digi 3G, but your streamyx line could also be affected by bad routing. I noticed you were on the 115 IP range, can you get any other ranges? Visit myip.dk with the VPN off, disconnect/reconnect to the internet, recheck at myip.dk. You want the first two blocks of numbers to change, eg 124.13 to 60.50. The 115 and 175 ranges are particularly bad.

What sort of speed will you get during the week?

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
Any one ? I still having same problem, even I change from Streamyx to DiGi 3G.

Regards.

I think I have almost the same problem as U, but I'm not quite sure.. This happens just around 4-5 days ago.. Same things happened also whenever I try to use FullyRouted-All or Proxied-All settings, until I find using a more specific settings like FullyRouted-Netherlands or Proxied-Canada which was a bit more stabler & faster to connect but after half an hour or so it will too get the same unstable connections.. See attached files..

1st pic shows utorrent having a very unstable connections for each past hours in proxied settings.. (its the same problem whenever using other options like FullyRouted-all or on any specific settings & countries)

2nd is the logged text from the BolehVPN's proxied-Canada settings when those unstable connections occurs..

3rd pic is from last month when the connections was so stable that I can let utorrent goes for 7 days non-stop, total accumulated download size is 52.4 GB & for upload is 9.2 GB (which is capped at 25), & at this time I use FullyRouted-All settings, if I remembered correctly it was connected to Netherlands & it got no problems at all until this past 4-5 days..

4th & 5th is the most recent text logs copied just after I waited for a while & get it connected again, I thought U guys might needed it.. :)

Juz a while ago I try to go to http://myip.dk/ the link that I saw from Chris's post above & I get 60.50.xx.xx of IP range, so its in a good range right? :D

May I know why is this unstable connections happening? Thanks in advance. :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:44:46 AM by ADiEBAZFAR »