Author Topic: Japan Server?  (Read 15555 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Japan Server?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
Probably not.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »
Btw so far only 14 votes out of 60 total voters :/
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 03:14:55 PM »
No, it would serve to unlock geo-locked sites which only allow people who have Japanese IPs. Might help with routing to Asia / improve connection to Asian seeders.

Offline jiunnyik

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »
1 say no 1 say yes

btw, which is best for youtube and facebook ?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »
We both said it's unlikely to speed up your surfing speed though? If you're talking about current servers, it depends. Fullyrouted is easiest if you want to surf and download at the same time. If facebook is blocked for some reason, try the surfingstreaming servers or the tcp-443 server (Requires proxy settings to be set in your browser)

Offline jiunnyik

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
sorry for misunderstanding

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
I say additional routes are always welcomed. I've thought of Japan as a possible location in the past. Is it safe to visit Japan after the brink of nuclear meltdown? 1st they had a nuclear bomb dropped on them during WW2. The radiation from that alone I would think would have been a problem for at least 30 years. Recently after being devastated by a Tsunami their nuclear energy plants were compromised, and released massive amounts of radiation to a large portion of Japan to say the least. I wonder how long it will be before radiation from the recent disaster will return to normal levels. I really feel bad for the people of Japan. Does anyone here on the forum live there?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:05:03 PM by shadowdrifter »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 07:39:33 AM »
We haven't seen enough interest on this but should there be a significant number of customers requesting this then yes we would.

What sites can't you access?

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »
I really feel bad for the people of Japan.

Actually, don't. Just go watch the documentary The Cove and see whether you still feel bad for them. Quite the opposite, I'm sure.

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
I will watch it Schadenfreude, but I doubt it can be representative of an entire country of people. There are bad people in every country, every culture, and every profession. Its like a police officer being convicted of murder, and then saying all cops are bad people.Thanks for letting me know about the film though! I will watch it the first chance I get.