Author Topic: Bittorrent...seedbox,?????????????????????????  (Read 7763 times)

espressoguy

Bittorrent...seedbox,?????????????????????????
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »
You will have to pardon my enormous ignorance but I sort of know what a torrent is and I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea what a seedbox is. Without wasting anyone's time and energy could someone point me in the direction of these two subjects, considering I'm an imbecile, in order to further educate me. Sincerely.

Offline mediumsliced

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • Mention scooby snacks and I'll smack ya.
Re: Bittorrent...seedbox,?????????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »
google.com

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
Hey espressoguy, a seedbox if you're interested in privacy probably isn't the best option for you. It's more for people who are participants of private trackers and wish to use a seedbox to upload files at high speeds to boost their sharing ratio.

Basically, we give you some space on a fast server and a torrent client on it. As the server can upload up to 100mbit or 1 gigabit (but our packages the maximum we allow is about 15.6 megabits per user) so for those of us on ADSL connections with small upload pipes can easily maintain their ratios.

If you don't use private trackers, then I don't see much point of using a seedbox.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

espressoguy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:48:12 AM »
Thanks Reuben, That answered my question. I know google.com DUH! I was interested in knowing about privacy. Geez.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:32:41 AM »
I know google.com DUH! I was interested in knowing about privacy. Geez.

Actually, your original post mentions absolutely nothing about privacy.

Without wasting anyone's time and energy could someone point me in the direction of these two subjects, considering I'm an imbecile, in order to further educate me

So, yes, the google.com answer was entirely warranted.