Author Topic: ReNamer - Mass filename editing tool  (Read 6432 times)

Silencers

ReNamer - Mass filename editing tool
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:23:09 AM »
What if you have a large batch of files belonging to a similar group, eg anime/tv series, mp3's by the same artist or in a same album - you might have times where the filenames are inconsistent and vary betweem sources; usually the naming format changes when the uploaders are different.

I like keeping all my files organized and in the right order [episodes, year, tracklist, etc.] with consistent filenames like [Artist] - [No.] - [SongTitle] instead of jumbled up all over the place. Also I like to get rid of unnecessary dots, commas, brackets and underscores - quickly.

I recommend ReNamer, a freeware that helps me sort out all those files and rename them quickly and effectively. It's free, it's got a wizard[ish] function and it's so addictively efficient at naming whole packs of files. Here's a screenshot:

And here's the developer's website [where you can download it]: http://www.den4b.com/

Offline dexbot.fallout3

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Captain
  • I have the right to go apeshit.
Re: ReNamer - Mass filename editing tool
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Now I can rename all those massive tv packs I have. Thanks! ;D
"There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven and hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."
1080p x264 test file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSKFM2W5

webmachine23

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »
Thanks mate.....this is really cool!!!

Offline DWolfren

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
thks,that really save me the hustle to renaming all the files..thks mate  ;)

firalem

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
thanks. i'm looking for a software that can do the batch renaming  ;D