Author Topic: Config files and US-SurfingStreaming: TCP or UDP and what is US-Route?  (Read 5919 times)

Offline bsguy

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
1. I renewed my BolehVPN subscription several days ago and downloaded the new config files as a result from 'My Account' page. However, they are slightly different than the config files available in the "BolehVPN Configuration Files" thread. Which ones are better?

2. Now that there are two US-SurfingStreaming options, when should I use TCP, when UDP? For example, if I log on to a US paypal account from outside the US and I don't want to get frozen out because they would see a non-US IP, should I use US-StreamingSurfingTCP or -UDP? (in the past I used the one and only US-SurfingStreaming and that worked fine).

3. I've seen people here refer to US-Route. Is that different from US-SurfingStreaming, and if so, where can I get the config file for it?

4. If I want to download torrents from IPT with uTorrent, but OpenVPN doesn't connect to bolehroute for some reason (which I normally use), should I use the PrivateTracker instead? Does it work as is with uTorrent and IPT torrents or should I adjust settings in something?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Config files and US-SurfingStreaming: TCP or UDP and what is US-Route?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »
The new ones from the My Account page. Although, could you let me know what the differences are and I'll modify the BolehVPN config files thread?

TCP or UDP doesn't matter, it's still the same server just uses a different method to connect to it. Useful for some people who want to circumvent a firewall. US Route refers to the US-SurfingStreaming server, it's a shorter name and is also due to the fact that it works like BolehRoute, that is, it's a fully routed configuration and no proxy settings are required when using it.

PrivateTracker is fine, just make sure your uTorrent settings are configured as per our uTorrent guide, which can be found here http://www.bolehvpn.net/utorrent.html The reason you can't connect to BolehRoute is probably because all the servers are full, there's been an increase in BolehRoute useage recently.

Offline bsguy

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:30 AM »
The new ones from the My Account page. Although, could you let me know what the differences are and I'll modify the BolehVPN config files thread?

PublicTracker.opvn from My Account includes:
#Netherland
remote nl3.bolehvpn.net 443

TCP443Server.ovpn has the hash mark in front of the second entry on the server list:
#remote 212.117.163.194 443

and bolehroute.opvn includes the the following lines before the server list entries:
route-method exe
route-delay 3
and remote apache.bolehvpn.net, remote geronimo.bolehvpn.net, and remote cochise.bolehvpn.net entries are followed by 1194 each instead of 443.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Right-o, thanks mate.