Author Topic: Which server to connect for Call of Duty 3: MW multiplayer?  (Read 6509 times)

infinitium

Which server to connect for Call of Duty 3: MW multiplayer?
« on: November 26, 2011, 01:28:33 PM »
My COD3:MW multiplayer can't work (can't connect to online server)... when BolehVPN is connected.

Which BVPN server should I be connecting to, and do I need to make any config changes to the game?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Which server to connect for Call of Duty 3: MW multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »
Proxied. Why do you want to have CoD3 use the VPN anyway, it probably won't have any positive effect at all. Try changing your IP range, that would probably have a better effect, reconnect to the internet and check your IP at myip.dk until you don't get the 175.xxx range

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
Are you talking about Modern Warfare 3? Or Call Of Duty 3? They are both different titles.
Please check with your IP. Port forward your game and check Modern warfare 3 forums.

My friends are able to play it without vpn (why do you need vpn to play it in the first place). if you play with VPN, I'm sure you are going to experience lag. And you don't want any lag when playing FPS online game.

infinitium

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:33:48 PM »
Thanks guys!

I'm talking about COD: MW3. I was asking as my gaming rig (that I play MW3 mutiplayer on) is the same PC that I do my P2P downloads on.

So, if I've tunneled in to BVPN, I was wondering if A) my MW3 multiplayer games would work, and B) if there would be a better connection via B-VPN v.s. thru the regular Streamyx connection.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 03:29:03 PM »
If you use the proxied config and configure your uTorrent appropriately, you should be able to download and play at the same time. Of course your game will probably be affected though, best not to have any other downloads going when you're gaming.

I don't know about the server locations, don't have MW3 myself, but there should be local Malaysian non-ranked servers. You'll have a better connection to them if you connect directly without using the VPN.

infinitium

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
ok boss! i try later :)