Author Topic: BolehVPN Unifi Users  (Read 8047 times)

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
BolehVPN Unifi Users
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »
I've found out that we don't have much feedback from our Bolehvpn Unifi Customers. It would be nice to share the differences and feedback from using Unifi from our Bolehvpn Unifi Customers.

This would be also helpful to those who want to change from a normal Streamyx line to a Unifi package.

Here is one feedback from our BolehVPN Unifi Customer taken from http://www.bolehvpn.net/forum/index.php?topic=6135.msg35267#msg35267
As a Unifi user, I can say that there is SOME throttling going on. It is nowhere near as bad as on Streamyx but it also affects download speeds on non-torrent files. Say, around 85-95% reduction on speeds from sites like megaupload.com

For example: uTorrent on BVPN = 54kb/s, without BVPN = 5kb/s so there is a benefit to using BolehVPN for p2p at least.

*54kb/s because it's a single file, not because 54kb/s is the limit.

For non-p2p downloads like the OP mentioned, you can get speeds 4-7x faster on BVPN then without. Say, using Fileserve, I can download a 500mb file in 30 mins instead of 2 hours. You can also open two browsers (one using VPN, the other on normal Unifi) and download two files from the same filesharing site.

In short, for a cost increase of around 20% in addition to the cheapest Unifi subscription, you get a lot more than 20%, plus more privacy and the ability to bypass government censorship.

:Disclaimer: YMMV ^-^. Naturally.

It would be very helpful if you could post your feedback at our feedback page.

It would be most appreciated if you do so. =D