Author Topic: No Connection with Speedport W 723V  (Read 5882 times)

crstnjks

No Connection with Speedport W 723V
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:32:10 AM »
Hi there,

I just switched from another VPN to Boleh - already tried Boleh once before and worked like a charm - and I also just switched my ISP to "Deutsche Telekom" and they provide a modem/router called Speedport W 723V. Everything is up and running but when I try to establish a connection with the Boleh GUI (1.07, OSX Mountain Lion) the connection fails immediately and the log says this:

Checking installed tap/tun driver...
Installing tap/tun driver...
[ERROR]Failed to install tap/tun driver, kextload failed.

Any suggestions what I can do? Maybe Port forwarding in the Router? Which Port?

Your help is appreciated!

Cheers
Christian

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: No Connection with Speedport W 723V
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:28:38 AM »
Do you have the other VPN software installed? Please uninstall that and reboot your system. If you still get this error after rebooting your system, with only BolehVPN installed, follow the steps below.

Open a Terminal window. Type in kextstat
Scroll down the list of results. Look for something like foo.tun and foo.tap, com.cisco.cscotun, com.viscosityvpn.Viscosity.tun and com.viscosityvpn.Viscosity.tap or com.pogoplug.xcetun.
Type in sudo kextunload -b "name of tun or tap found in kextstat"
(For example, if foo.tun or foo.tap are found, type in sudo kextunload -b foo.tun or sudo kextunload -b foo.tap)

crstnjks

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:39:02 AM »
Hi Chris,

the kextstat hint works! Thank you very much!  8)

I'm at a friends place right now and I guess that my home router's (the Speedport) Firewall blocks the VPN connection (have red a lot about that model and VPN online). In case I have to forward ports in my router in the future: are there any particular ports I should open i.e. forward in my router to use Boleh VPN?

Cheers
Christian

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
You shouldn't need to portforward to use our VPN, since we use the default https port (443) to connect.