BolehVPN Support > Installation Support

Boleh with OpenWRT

(1/2) > >>

billbart:
Where can I find info on how to configure Boleh with a router running OpenWRT?

Slacker:
Hi billbart,

I tested out OpenWRT in the past, and from what I can remember it seemed like pretty straight forward OpenVPN settings/options in the web/gui interface.

Are you using it with an interface or command line?

So if you understand OpenVPN, then looking through a .ovpn config file, is all you really need to understand, pretty much like setting up OpenVPN from the command line in Linux.

What are you stuck on?

Slacker:
Just a thought here, but have you tried DD-WRT? I've been using it for around 3-4 years with BolehVPN and it's been great, also a lot simpler to deal with.

I know that DD-WRT pumps out firmware versions and documentation isn't the greatest, but I have had only a few minor issues over the years, and it's been rock solid.

I'm a pretty serious Linux Geek and I was turned off by OpenWRT and found DD-WRT to be a better solution, but of course, each to his own...

billbart:

--- Quote from: Slacker on June 02, 2017, 10:24:38 AM ---Just a thought here, but have you tried DD-WRT? I've been using it for around 3-4 years with BolehVPN and it's been great, also a lot simpler to deal with.

I know that DD-WRT pumps out firmware versions and documentation isn't the greatest, but I have had only a few minor issues over the years, and it's been rock solid.

I'm a pretty serious Linux Geek and I was turned off by OpenWRT and found DD-WRT to be a better solution, but of course, each to his own...

--- End quote ---

I decided to give DD-WRT a try.  Question about the install, when choosing a server do the security settings from the ovpn file of choice (eg "FullyRouted-Luxembourg.ovpn) need to be inputed exactly into DD-WRT?  The Boleh guide only mentions the IP address needs to be inputed, seems to imply the security settings are user choice, is that correct?  I went through the guide, copy and pasted everything, but no activity of any kind in the OpenVPN log in DDWrt.

billbart:
After playing around I've discovered my network setup requires OpenWRT.  DDWRT wont work.  Can you provide me with any more instruction on how to setup Boleh with OpenWRT?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version