Author Topic: Connection Issue  (Read 8729 times)

Offline 9n76tfct6n7t7

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Connection Issue
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:51:02 AM »
I have recently gotten Boleh up and running on my linux machine, and it worked flawlessly for a good three days. Today, I connected, and then after disconnecting I can no longer connect to the service. I have done nothing with NetworkManager config nor the certificates. I'm not sure what could have happened in just that minute after disconnecting. I did notice that portal.bolehvpn.net seemed to be down (error) once I checked the server status, but not sure if my connection was included in that.

It took me some time to get it setup properly, and the speeds are very good, so I would like to take the trial to a year of use if I can get this issue worked out. Not sure if I have a touchy setup or there is some other issue. I still don't trust stuff like VNC. so I'm looking for help here, by email or over the phone.

Thank you.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Connection Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:11:17 AM »
Hi there,

Which of our servers were you connecting to? Could you post the logs here?

Offline 9n76tfct6n7t7

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:59:02 AM »
Hi there,

Which of our servers were you connecting to? Could you post the logs here?

The server I was connecting to is FullyRouted-Canada, 192.99.150.xxx. Not sure if there is a better server from the US. Still cannot connect. Placed all certs in etc/openvpn, and also tried placing the keys in home/.certs. It worked up until 6 or 7 hours ago, then stopped cold with no changes prior to stopping.

I don;t know where to find the logs. I tried var/log looking for openvpn logs or syslog, but am seeing no log files. Don't know what else to do.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:03:40 AM by 9n76tfct6n7t7 »

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 09:36:50 AM »
Could I get your BolehVPN username please? Could you go to the cert folder, open up the .crt file with your BolehVPN username on it and check what the expiry date is?

Offline 9n76tfct6n7t7

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »
Could I get your BolehVPN username please? Could you go to the cert folder, open up the .crt file with your BolehVPN username on it and check what the expiry date is?

The expiration date was 3/30/2015. Thought I had until Tue 31 March, but I guess the time difference threw me off. Looks like I had an expired cert. Thanks for your attention to this.