Author Topic: Service Questions  (Read 5611 times)

Offline aichemist

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Service Questions
« on: January 03, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking into bolehvpn have a couple of questions.  Best I describe how I use it. 

I live in Canada.  Have a few computers at home, a Windows servers to do most of the torrenting, and the other computer to stream the videos, normal surfing etc.
I'm thinking about hiding my ip address on the internet and ISP can't figure out what I'm doing. 

I've just installed dd-wrt on my router, and everything seems to work.  Looking at either installing the vpn on the router, or just on the server that does the download. 

1.  For your service, does it only provide for one device?  If i put it on the router, does it mean if i take my notebook to another country, I can't use the VPN service?

2.  Should I just use VPN on the server, so I could switch to the laptop if I'm out of down?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Service Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »
You can use our service on two devices simultaneously, as long as they are from the same line. Smart devices like tablets, phones and so on do not count towards this limit. Limit is basically, no connecting from work and home on your computers at the same time.

If you install our service on your router, that only protects devices on that network. If you take your notebook to another country, you'll have to turn off the VPN on your router, then connect to the VPN on your notebook using our BolehVPN client.