Author Topic: error after installation  (Read 7583 times)

Offline paradiz

error after installation
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:26:25 PM »
Hey all,

I just subscribe for 30 days have just only installed the app. Followed all the instructions (i hope) but after launching  and whenever i try to connect i get a dialog box saying 'Unknown error, please check log.' And when I hit OK, BolehVPN shuts down.

Any thoughts as to how i can rectify/solve this?

//p

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Re: error after installation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
Hey all,

I just subscribe for 30 days have just only installed the app. Followed all the instructions (i hope) but after launching  and whenever i try to connect i get a dialog box saying 'Unknown error, please check log.' And when I hit OK, BolehVPN shuts down.

Any thoughts as to how i can rectify/solve this?

//p

You can always post the log here so myself or Chris/Another member of BolehVPN staff can read it and figure out whats wrong. Its possible something went wrong in the installation process and the TAP adapter did not install correctly, so if you want you can always try a re-install to see if that fixes it. Another recommendation is trying another server to make sure the one you were connected to is not down at this moment.

Offline paradiz

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
I rebooted and did a re-install but the same thing happened. Strange thing is that after the Error dialog box popped up, the blue connection bar keeps going.

I'm running OSX 10.9.3

//p

Offline paradiz

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
It crashes/ automatically shuts down so nothing is logged.

//p

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »
It crashes/ automatically shuts down so nothing is logged.

//p

If you look in the file location, "I'm not sure where that is in OSX" the directory that BolehVPN is installed there should be a logfile.txt or the OSX equivalent which should have saved your connection logs.

Offline paradiz

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:48:32 PM »
Managed to extract the diagnostic report but it's errrrm, quite long. More than 5000 characters so I'll email it to support@bolehvpn.net.

Appreciate any help I can get...thanks!

//p

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 04:42:57 AM »
Managed to extract the diagnostic report but it's errrrm, quite long. More than 5000 characters so I'll email it to support@bolehvpn.net.

Appreciate any help I can get...thanks!

//p

Awesome, hope you get it up and running soon. Good luck!