Author Topic: I am starting to think about using a new VPN.  (Read 6125 times)

Offline UnixDD9

I am starting to think about using a new VPN.
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
I am starting to think about using a new VPN.

The problem is the scarcity and quality of the US based server-providers, especially the SurfingStreaming and FullyRouted servers.
For US based persons, there are business and private services that can only be accessed from a US IP. The need for a good link is thus crucial. EGIHosting used to be good, but since they switched their IP address to 50.117.., things went downhill.When they were using their server with the IP starting with 68... things were rosy. Not anymore.

Another issue is that BolehVPN only uses one IP address for SurfingStreaming on Android. Probably that's why it gets clogged. Sometimes the best speed I can pull on this server is 1.2 Mb/s. Never mind the FullyRouted servers, whose connection is intermittent. On the computer, the EGIHosting server is good but after awhile the speed slows down, or the connection drops altogether. These are some of the issues I am having.

Also what happened to the SurfingStreaming server based in NY with IP 199.115. That was a very stable link with very acceptable speeds.

We definitely need some more US Servers that would also work on Mobile Platforms. if anyone use them to torrent, then they need to be banned as per ToC. 

Thank you.

Offline Jonas

Re: I am starting to think about using a new VPN.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:57:17 PM »
Have a look to the vpn provider overview on www.bestvpnprovider.net - you might find one who meets your requirements!

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Re: I am starting to think about using a new VPN.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:12:37 AM »
Have a look to the vpn provider overview on www.bestvpnprovider.net - you might find one who meets your requirements!

Not being rude, but those are all terrible choices. most of them buy reviews, half of them are USA companies, a few don't allow torrent and most of them keep detailed logs.