Author Topic: Several questions about bolehVPN  (Read 6886 times)

LYF

Several questions about bolehVPN
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
Hello,

I am trying bolehVPN for one week. I would like to know:

1) can I connect 2 computers at the same time with 1 single bolehVPN account? We have 2 computers at home and need to connect them both through VPN.

2) I noticed bolehVPN uses Google DNS (ipconfig /all shows: DNS server 8.8.8.8), which is reputed to be a service controlled by NSA. Does the bolehVPN protects anonimity & privacy when using Google DNS? Next, what does "enable DNS leak protection" option mean and do? Is it recommended to use it?

Thank you!

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Several questions about bolehVPN
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »
Hi there. Thanks for your interest in our service.

1) Yes, you are allowed to connect two computers simultaneously, as long as they are from the same internet line. So you can connect both from home, but not one from home and one from work at the same time. Mobile devices do not count to this limit.

2) We haven't seen any confirmation on these allegations that the NSA controls Google DNS, in fact most of the big companies are working on tightening encryption and security after the leaks that showed encryption has been compromised. Additionally, we use Google DNS over OpenDNS as OpenDNS clearly logs data. Google destroys the data after a few hours, and it's pretty fast.

We are contemplating switching over to the German Internet Privacy Foundation's DNS in the future.

DNS Leak Protection is a script that should ensure you do not leak DNS. If security and privacy are a concern, you should enable it. However, the same effect can be achieved by manually specifying DNS In all your network adapters. Thus, if you do not wish to use Google's DNS, manually specify a different DNS in all your adapters and you should be fine.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:13:36 PM »
German/Swiss Internet Privacy Foundation are good! ;)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »
But SLOW:(
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »
But SLOW:(

Hi Reuben, maybe it depends on GEO location? I've been using their servers from both Germany & Switzerland for over a year and I've never had any speed issues.