Author Topic: Several pre-buying questions  (Read 6725 times)

wildwestgoh

Several pre-buying questions
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »
1. Is www.bakabt.com tracker supported? It's a private tracker.
2. If I would download from those *ahem* (thepiratebay, demoinoid) site, is there any tracker that can I use (with good seeds of course)?
3. How does this VPN compare to openvpn? Does it route the whole PC through that VPN or can it setup individual application?
4. I'm heavy downloader, if I'm not limiting myself, I would grab 12GB+/day, do you specify bandwidth limitation? (Now I try to put 6GB/day for my BT)
5. If I'm going VPN, how does those seeders connect to me instead of me connecting to them? Usually I found if they connect me it'll be faster.
6. Is there any policy of what content that I can download through this VPN? (Well, I can see RIAA, MPAA is quite active recently)

If there's already answered question, please do put link(s). Helps is greatly appreciated.

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Several pre-buying questions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
1. Yes
2. You can use our public tracker servers for all those trackers such as piratebay etc..
3. The client desktop is OpenVPN as the main software. You can have the option to route everything or send them thru proxy once you are connected to our servers. We have several servers with diffrent configurations that you leverage for each different kind of operation
4. There is no limit
5. If you fully route, then it be easier for the to connect to you. However, I didn't see much difference in they connecting to you make a faster speed.
6. DMCA ruless or policy applies for downloading using USA servers, though if you are using private trackers, it should be quite safe from the DMCA.

Co-Founder / Administrator

wildwestgoh

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »
Hi, just got a great speed for my BT now few more questions about payment and renewal.
1. Can I pay to extend before the expiry period?
2. Should I forgot, late payment, would my account deleted? If yes, how long is the grace period (several days, weeks, months)?
3. If I were to renew few days or a month before it expire, would the renewal start from the moment of my renewal activation? or does it stack to my current subscription (ex. Renewal of 1 month + 3 days before expiration)?

More technical question:
4. If I would use PrivateTracker, can I use the proxy for my others direct downloads?
5. Does proxied connection support free download access of service such as megaupload, rapidshare, etc.? (Because they rely on WAN IP)

Thank you for your replies  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:52:40 AM by wildwestgoh »

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »
1. Yes you can
2. There's no penalty for not renewing since there's no account to delete. Your keys just merely expire. Forum accounts are pruned from time to time if they are inactive for several months.
3. Stacks
4. Yes you can.
5. They do though I don't recommend it as if someone else is using the same server as you and using rapidshare/megaupload, you might get your premium account suspended as they think you're sharing your rapidshare/megaupload account.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator