Poll

What 2 countries would you like to see new fully routed exit Nodes in? You may choose 2 counties.

USA
5 (9.8%)
Panama
2 (3.9%)
Mexico
1 (2%)
Brazil
0 (0%)
Columbia
0 (0%)
Netherlands
5 (9.8%)
Sweden
12 (23.5%)
Germany
0 (0%)
Austria
0 (0%)
Australia
3 (5.9%)
Spain
0 (0%)
Italy
0 (0%)
France
1 (2%)
China
5 (9.8%)
Japan
6 (11.8%)
Singapore
3 (5.9%)
Thailand
1 (2%)
Taiwan
1 (2%)
Malaysia
1 (2%)
North Korea
0 (0%)
Vietnam
0 (0%)
Russia
2 (3.9%)
Ukraine
1 (2%)
Romania
1 (2%)
Czech Republic
0 (0%)
Turkey
0 (0%)
Poland
0 (0%)
Greece
0 (0%)
Portugal
0 (0%)
Norway
0 (0%)
Denmark
0 (0%)
Finland
0 (0%)
Ireland
0 (0%)
Greenland
0 (0%)
Israel
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: What 2 countries would you like to see new fully routed exit Nodes in?  (Read 12479 times)

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
I created this poll just out of curiosity. I wanted to see the opinion of the entire community. I am not Boleh staff, but I do value the opinion of the community as a whole. I do believe this poll could be valuable in the future as Boleh grows when deciding on where to add additional routes. There are many other factors involved in deciding the best location for additional servers. One of the biggest factors that immediately come to mind is how much it cost to operate in that country. Again this is just a poll out of my curiosity. Thank you to anyone that participates in this poll!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:11:16 PM by shadowdrifter »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
I mentioned this in the past and given Sweden is a big Pirate fighting country and BolehVPN is into P2P Sweden is probably the best choice...

Given the costs, I'm not sure we're going to see this, but maybe it will change...

Sweden all the way! :)

I've heard good things about Panama, so it might be worth looking into their laws...

North Korea in the poll, hmm that must of been a mistake, LOL... ;)

CHEERS
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:54:12 AM by Slacker »

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Yikes..! Yes, North Korea was a mistake. I meant to put down South Korea. I was really tired when I was finishing up the poll. I wish I would have listed more South American Countries just because many of them would probably make good exit nodes. I didn't put any choices from Africa because I don't think it would be safe to put a server anywhere in that country with all the mass killings / genocides, and Civil war that has had most of the entire continent in turmoil for many years. As far as Panama goes they had the best privacy laws of all the countries, but recently they made some sort of pack with the US to adopt a law to help the US collect data. I do not remember the specifics, but it should be easy to find.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:13:29 PM by shadowdrifter »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Yikes..! Yes, North Korea was a mistake. I meant to put down South Korea. I was really tired when I was finishing up the poll. I wish I would have listed more South American Countries just because many of them would probably make good exit nodes. I didn't put any choices from Africa because I don't think it would be safe to put a server anywhere in that country with all the mass killings / genocides, and Civil war that has had most of the entire continent in turmoil for many years. As far as Panama goes they had the best privacy laws of all the countries, but recently they made some sort of pack with the US to adopt a law to help the US collect data. I do not remember the specifics, but it should be easy to find.

Hmm Panama and a pact with the USA, will be interesting to keep an eye on. Let us know if you find out what that is to share...

I still say Sweden all the way! :)

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Re: What 2 countries would you like to see new fully routed exit Nodes in?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:24:44 AM »
I will try to find the article I was reading about Panama for you. I think the Netherlands would be just as good as Sweden. It would be awesome if at some point in the near future they decided to add them both! A couple more routes would make for nice support for a multihop network. It will be nice to see the results of the poll after a few months. Everyone should have had a chance to see, and vote in the poll by then that is active in the community.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:29:02 AM by shadowdrifter »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
Ok, look forward to seeing the info on Panama...

Thanks...

andreas

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
Sweden all the way :)

Snowden

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Sweden all the way :)

Seriously? That's good to hear. Not trying to be pushy, just curious, any idea of an ETA? I don't know exactly how these things work.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
Well with only 11 voters...hardly a consensus :P
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Snowden

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
Wow I was tired

I misread that as Sweden ON the way

Not paying any attention. Oops

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:37 AM »
Well with only 11 voters...hardly a consensus :P
Exactly Reuben! We need more participation on this survey! I also accidently put North Korea instead of South Korea in this survery! I was a little tired by the time I finished it. Well, if Boleh ever decideds to use this info for feedback for possible future Nodes then I would suggest they mention this survey in the Status, and News section so more members will see the survey, and vote.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:13:22 AM by shadowdrifter »

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »
Well we already have a Sweden server soooo :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »
Sorry Slacker! I'm having trouble finding that article about Panama.

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
Well we already have a Sweden server soooo :D
That's awesome!! I missed your reply until now. I'm currently using it to make this post. Thank you Reuben!!

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:15 AM »
Wow!! I started Boleh VPN today and found that we now have a fully routed Netherlands route!! That's awesome! We have a fully routed Sweeden, and Netherlands route now!! Boleh finally has all the routes i've wanted!