Author Topic: Chrome vs Firefox  (Read 5214 times)

el_ay_es

Chrome vs Firefox
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:27:48 AM »
I have been a happy user of the Firefox web browser since about 2005.  One or two recent articles in PCMagazine say that Google Chrome is now the better web browser, by a slight margin.  They cite Chrome's sandboxing of plug-in activities.  See for example
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,73097-order,4/description.html

Aside from the fact that I tested Chrome for a couple of months awhile back and decided Firefox was better, I along with many others, it appears, I no longer trust Google.  More and more Google appears to me to have been integrating with corporate U.S. interests more than has Mozilla.  Not everyone benefits from corporate U.S. interests.  Before I go bothering with testing Chrome again in its current version, I wonder what others here think.

Thanks!

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Re: Chrome vs Firefox
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
Stick to Firefox it has much better Security/Privacy Addons...

Yep, I don't trust Google products at all... :(

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
Noted that US Government is using IE and Chrome as an alternate browser though. But that may be more for compatibility rather than anything else.

http://www.techlal.com/google-chrome-to-work-for-u-s-government/
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

el_ay_es

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 01:33:59 AM »
Noted that US Government is using IE and Chrome as an alternate browser though. But that may be more for compatibility rather than anything else.

Or it might be because Chrome is a U.S.-made product.  Thanks for the interesting link.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »
The Government using Chrome, LOL, someone has their hands in someones pocket and that's reason enough for me to stay far far away from anything Google related...