Author Topic: How to set proxy for YouTube or RapidShare?  (Read 13768 times)

nevenchailj

How to set proxy for YouTube or RapidShare?
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:04:40 PM »
I already followed the instructions to set up proxy for Firefox with Foxy Proxy. I could go to the website www.pandora.com but I just can't download files from RapidShare or load any videos from Youtube. Mind to help? Thanks.

freeman85

Re: How to set proxy for YouTube or RapidShare?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »
changed url pandora in the guide to www.youtube.com/*
same with rapidshare

nevenchailj

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:35:29 AM »
changed url pandora in the guide to www.youtube.com/*
same with rapidshare

Can't I put a few links at the same time?

basj

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 08:53:46 AM »
hmm .. let me try help you... :)

1)Double click on those Foxyproxy icon on the you bottom right Firefox window. This will open up FoxyProxy option.
2)You should be on "proxy tab" and then choose the BolehVPN, click "Edit Selection" The "FoxyProxy - Proxy Setting" window will open up.
3)Click Add New Pattern. "FoxyProxy - Add/Edit Pattern" window will open.
4)Fill the Pattern name, tick the Enable box on top.
5)In the URL pattern you should add something like *.whatever.com/*. Click Okay and all done.
6)You can recheck at the "FoxyProxy - Proxy Settings"  The new pattern should appear there and the small tick appear on the enable column.

hope that help

blur3

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
i noticed sometime the foxy proxy dont work all the time whether there is a bug or there is a mistake in my settings. so, when before i want to access the web i want to mask, i choose "use proxy "bolehvpn" for all URLs". when the download started or the business is finished i "completely disable foxyproxy".

nevenchailj

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:32:09 PM »
i noticed sometime the foxy proxy dont work all the time whether there is a bug or there is a mistake in my settings. so, when before i want to access the web i want to mask, i choose "use proxy "bolehvpn" for all URLs". when the download started or the business is finished i "completely disable foxyproxy".

I think that's what happened to me. I followed all the instructions but it didn't work out for me too. =)

basj

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »
Well that happened to me too, but that happened when there is some problem between "the web you trying to excess" and "the BolehVPN Servers that you log on to". Usually I change the BolehVPN server until I get the one that can connect with the web, I discover that avistaz Asian block any connection from some of BolehVPN servers. Maybe there is more similar web site. :)

blur3

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
and if u follow the setting (automatic) i also notice that foxyproxy will use direct connection if the proxy is unable to connect to the web.