Author Topic: IPTorrents trouble; is it just me?  (Read 10646 times)

Offline SeaTramp

IPTorrents trouble; is it just me?
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:52 AM »
Heya.

Got a problem with IPTorrents I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I hope I haven't already broken the first rule of Fight Club just by mentioning it, only I can't raise it on the IPT forums because a) it's against the Boleh rules, which I wouldn't break, and b) the nature of the problem would make it impossible.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.
After searching for, say, a torrent, clicking on its link just sends me back to the site's home page.
Clicking on the *down arrow* direct download button just brings me to a blank white page with the plain text "Not Found. Sorry pal :( "

Any idea what's happening here, and how I can fix it? Can't even browse the IPT forums, cos clicking on any post there just takes me back to the IPT homepage. So you're my only hope.

No criticism of Boleh intended; it's an excellent service that I'm 100% happy with; but the bonus of IPT is just so damn useful that suddenly not being able to use it feels like losing a limb (or at least an important finger)...

Help!

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: IPTorrents trouble; is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:29:58 AM »
Clear cache and cookies. Try a different browser as well.

And make sure you're logged in with the right password, logout then log back in.

Offline SeaTramp

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:15:29 AM »

Thanks, Chris, that worked!  :D I owe you a pint.

I'll know what to do next time it happens.

Supplementary questions, though; what happened, why did it happen, and why did it suddenly happen 2 weeks ago rather than 3, or 7, or 15 weeks ago?

Is it going to happen again unless I flush out my entire browsing history every time it recurs?

I obviously can't and won't ask these questions of IPT themselves (and wouldn't want to, either - I've never seen such humourless, authoritarian 'moderators'!), so... anyone?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
Not sure to be honest. We don't run IPT, and it seems to be a problem with them or your saved cookies were corrupted. Seen this issue before but it's quite rare, doesn't recurr frequently.