Author Topic: VPN + Maxis Home Wireless  (Read 12693 times)

qashairy

VPN + Maxis Home Wireless
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:02 AM »
It seems that my quota finished early, even with bolehVPN is in online. What to do...? How can i bypass that? :o

Offline Frank

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Boatswain
Re: VPN + Maxis Home Wireless
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:57:29 AM »
Hi there,

Unfortunately, no VPN out there is able to bypass that pesky quota counter. Usually, when we say bypass the quota, it usually means bypass the speed throttle (slowing down) after the quota is reached. Also, the results can be quite inconsistent.

You can refer to our FAQ as well :)

Q:Can I bypass the quota limits of my ISP with BolehVPN?

A: So far we have only found out that this will only work with Celcom's and Maxis' postpaid/SKMM plans. We are not able to guarantee that it will definitely work, as these carriers may actively close the ports that is used to exploit this. Also, such acts may breach either carriers' Terms of Agreement.

Please note that the phrase bypassing quota means that one will be able to surf at normal (if not higher) speeds even after throttling has occurred; a result of a used up internet quota. It may not necessary mean that you can avoid getting pro-rated!

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 02:14:09 AM »
Hi,

You are on a Postpaid Maxis?
Currently we have tested Maxis and Celcom prepaid/SKMM broadband packages and it does bypass quota. For now we are still testing for Postpaid (monthly billing)

qashairy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 05:54:54 AM »
Hi,

You are on a Postpaid Maxis?
Currently we have tested Maxis and Celcom prepaid/SKMM broadband packages and it does bypass quota. For now we are still testing for Postpaid (monthly billing)

maxis Home Wireless user here. i though this vpn can bypass the quota... went ahead buying 7day trial one. Waster money...

Offline AJaydono

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »
Is it the new package by maxis Home Wireless Internet, Free wireless modem and phone?
http://www.maxis.com.my/home/plans_wireless.asp