Was doing a little test last night to see whether a decent stream could be obtained from Hulu and Netflix using BolehVPN from Malaysia using my 2Mbit Streamyx connection. Results are as above. Netflix streamed smoothly with no noticeable buffering. Hulu was also surprisingly smooth.
After the issues we faced with our Mohawk server, we have decided to proceed with a new US different twist 😀
A non-p2p server optimized for privacy and a more robust http proxy. Please note that there is no Socks proxy on this server as this server is not to be used for p2p.
Uses of this server:
- Accessing US only content for e.g. Hulu/Veoh
- Provides a possible alternate route to sites (where routing is problematic)
The updated configuration files are available on our forums.
Steps to update your configuration files:
- Register for the Support Forums if you haven’t done so
- Apply for Support Access and wait for it to be approved (you don’t have to do this if you have done it before)
- Go to the BolehVPN Config Files thread to grab the new files and follow the instructions there.
We have also updated our installation guide to reflect this. You can view the write up here.
Good news. Our US hosts will be upgrading their network by adding two new upstream providers within the next 2-3 weeks.
SEABONE (Telecom Italia)- 10Gbps
They have also setup direct peering of 10Gbps with Comcast (which already has been done).
These should improve connectivity to both US and Europe even further and bring our US host’s capacity to more than 100 Gbps giving us pretty top notch bandwidth!