The issues that some people were facing with uTorrent and our PublicTracker/PrivateTracker configurations which caused uTorrent to freeze has been traced down to a bug in the uTorrent code which we believe to have been fixed in the latest Beta release.
We haven’t had the opportunity to test this out yet so appreciate customer feedback on this!
You can download the latest beta here.
— 2011-01-19: Version 2.2.1 beta (build 24217)
– Fix: fixed gui.graph_overhead
– Change: limit cache size to 2000 MB (for 32 bit builds)
– Fix: attempt at fixing disappearing systray icon
– Fix: Copy and paste in File list view fixed. (ctrl-A, ctrl-C, ctrl-V)
– Fix: don’t attempt to open a file if it doesn’t exist (caused association dialog to appear)
– Change: only apply the port > 1023 for outgoing connection restriction for peers only hear about through the DHT
– Fix: back-ported proper support for disabling udp trackers from 3.0
– Fix: fix bug in UDP socks5 support which would cause infinite loops
– Fix: Use system call to open containing folder instead of launching explorer.exe (when available)
– Fix: Don’t connect to ports < 1024 when no-connect-to-services is enabled (which it is by default)
– Fix: privacy checkbox in general settings would have multiline text
– Change: add port 80 and 443 to the default port block list